Will of James Close of Ballygowan 1862

For anybody that is willing to share the information on WILL records obtained from offical sources as LDS, PRONI or church. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: admi, larneman11

Margaret
Oak Branch
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Will of James Close of Ballygowan 1862

Post by Margaret »

July 7th 1862
I James Close of Ballygowan in the county of Antrim do make this my last will and testament in the following manner. I leave and bequeath to my youngest son James Close the field known by the name Cove Hill and all the houses and gardens attached to there. I also leave to my son James Close £50 sterling. I leave and bequeath to my son Charles Close all the farm I at present occupy with the exception of the Cove Hill. I leave and bequeath to my wife Fanny Close £50 sterling also her choice of the beds and bedding. I also allow my wife her lodgings during her widowhood but if they cannot agree I allow her the front room below the stairs. I also leave and bequeath to my youngest daughter Sarah Close the sum of £50 sterling. I next leave and bequeath to my eldest daughter Mary Eliza Agnew the sum of £50 sterling and I also bequeath to my two sons James and Charles Close all my stock and crops with all my farming implements and household furniture to be equally divided between them with the exception of the clock which is James private property. I allow my two sons Charles and James to pay to my grandson William McSally each of them the sum of £10 sterling when he reaches the age of twenty one. I allow my family to live together as usual for the term of two years from November 1862. I allow my sons to keep an account of all their incomes and outlays and to make a return to my executors who will divide it equally between them. I appoint Huston Ballentine and Andrew Macay for my executors - James Close - Witnesses - Nathaniel Agnew - Charles Close.

James died 15th August 1862
Margaret
Oak Branch
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Headstone Inscription - James Close

Post by Margaret »

Ballygowan Cemetery Co. Antrim

CLOSE
Erected by CHARLES CLOSE to the memory of his revered mother
MARY CLOSE who died 11th January 1850 aged 76 years.
And his aunt MARGARET MCCANN who died 16th May 1847 aged 67 years.
Also his father ANTHONY CLOSE who moulders in Ballycorr.
And his brother BERNARD CLOSE who died 5th June 1854 aged 47 years.
Also his brother JAMES CLOSE who died 15th August 1862 aged 62 years.
And FANNY wife of the above JAMES CLOSE who died 25th August 1866 aged 57 years.
Also the above CHARLES CLOSE who died 15th February 1875 aged 65 years
Also SARAH ANN CLOSE who died 8th March 1910 aged 56 years.
Requiescant in peace.

Return to “WILL records”